- Contact US!
- Before Ordering Support
- After Order is Complete Support
- How It Works
- Place Order
Frequently Asked Questions
Video Tape Conversion to Digital
I've been shopping around for an online service to convert my video tapes to DVD.
These guys make it simple! They are a small company, and you are important to them.
What is Bad Tape Insurance?
Have a pile of tapes, but no idea what's on them? What if they are blank? What if it's got something on it, and you don't want that? What if it's all staticky? We invented Bad Tape Insurance just for you!
Bad tape insurance in an affordable way to address these issues, and provides:
- Bad tape protection. We'll make a short clip from the beginning of the tape, and send it to you. You decide if you want us to proceed.
- If you decide you don't want us to digitize, you pay the $10 Bad Tape Insurance fee only.
- If you decide to proceed, you pay the digitizing cost associated with the grade you choose plus the $10 Bad Tape Insurance fee, and along with your digital video will get these options for free:
- Free DVD Movie disk along with your MP4 file. To learn more about the differences, scroll down to the bottom of this page.
- Free Blank Tape Protection.
Do you offer discounts?
No, because we think it's wrong to advertise high prices then offer big discounts so you have to go find a calculator to figure out what you're going to pay.
We offer low prices everyday. We keep track to the competition to make sure our prices are among the lowest on the internet.
What will I get back?
At a minimum, you'll get a data disk to use in your computer with your digital videos on it.
You have a choice of a Data Disk, USB Stick, or External Hard Drive. In addition, you can request a DVD Movie Disk for use in a DVD player to watch you digital videos on your TV. Make this selection during checkout.
What is the difference between a DVD Data Disk and a DVD Movie Disk?
The Data Disk is designed to work with a computer. The movie disk is designed to work in a DVD player. The DVD Movie Disk is an addition cost, and you make the choice during checkout.
What if there is only 15 minutes on my VHS?
No worries. We will digitize everything that is on there. However the price is per tape, so you will get charged the same no matter how long the recording is.
I have a MAC computer. Will this work?
Yes. Although we don't send a QuickTime movie, the MP4 version we send is compatible with Apple computers.
What if my tape is a little over the 2 hour economy limit?
We play the tape until it stops. We realize that sometimes there are 2 hrs and 10 mins of movie there. No worries, we won't cut off the end, and we won't make you pay a higher price either.
Where are you?
We are in the great and tax free state of Oregon. Our processing center is in the small town of Philomath, Oregon.
Do you send me a box?
We think you should get to choose how you ship. We'll send you a box just like the other guys, or we will send just the shipping label, or you can ship on your own. For more info:
When do I pay?
You pay after we return your videos, not before. We will include an invoice with the return shipment, and we will also send an invoice via email with a payment link when the return shipment goes on the truck.
VHS & VHS-c
Follow this simple process to find which resolution fits your needs the best
Figure out what type of video tape you have
Compare with the photos above.
If you have VHS, and it's 2 hours long, go economy Click here to see why
If you have a VHS longer that 2 hours, go premium. (Economy is limited to 2 hrs)
The number next to the type logo will be 60 or 120 on most tapes. If the number is greater than 120, the tape is longer than 2 hours.
If you have one of the 8mm series or VHS (including VHS-c) go economy Click here to see why
IF you have a DV or MiniDV, go premium Click here to see why
If not clear what tape you have, Click Video Tape Identification Guide.
If you have a giant TV, go premium.
How we've made this so simple:
- We use electronics that have much more horsepower than needed, and don't get interrupted by other stuff going on the computer.
- This requires expensive circuit boards that have direct access to the computer's memory.
- We convert to one size better than the highest video standard possible for a given video tape type.
What this means to you:
You get the best video possible from your tapes when we convert them to digital.